We offer environmentally safe disposal of your old prescriptions.
Before bringing them in, please make sure that they are prepared for safe disposal so that we can accept them. Here’s what to do:
- Remove all solid medications from their original packaging and place them in a clear bag. This includes removing tablets and capsules from blister packaging and vials.
- Liquids, creams, ointments, gels, and aerosols may remain in their original packaging and can also be placed in the clear bag for disposal.
- Make sure that you have removed all of your personal information from the packaging.
- Grocery bags will not be accepted – clear, sealed bags only.
We can also accept sharps, providing the following:
- Sharps can only be accepted in a sealed sharps container. These containers are red or yellow, and contain a biohazard symbol on them as well as a tamper-proof lid that, once sealed, cannot be re-opened.
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT sharps in any other container, including jars, bags, or original syringe/needle packaging.
- Sharps containers must be removed from any bags or coverings and given to staff clean and sealed.
- If your sharps container is missing its tamper-proof lid, cannot be sealed, or if you do not have a container, we can offer you a new sharps container at no cost.
- If you only have one sharp (for example, an Epi Pen), let us know and we will grab our sharps container for your to place your sharp in
Please note that we will not be able to accept either medications or sharps if the above is not satisfied. This policy ensures the safety of our staff and customers.
If you have any questions, please contact us!