The thing about a healthy breakfast is that you want it to encompass as many of the food groups as possible. This recipe has dairy, whole grains, fruit AND protein (which comes from the Greek yogurt and the quinoa) – so basically, it is the breakfast jackpot!
And let’s be honest with each other: it looks SO good that the whole family will love it.
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- a few teaspoons honey (to taste)
- ½ cup Cheerios + Ancient Grains cereal
- ½ cup pomegranate arils or any other fruit of your choice!
- Mix the Greek yogurt with the quinoa and the honey.
- Layer half of the yogurt mixture into the bottom of a round glass. Cover with half of the cereal, half of the pomegranate arils, and repeat layers once more.
- Serve immediately and most importantly, enjoy!