Banana, Apple & Zucchini Muffins
If you’ve got a garden overflowing with zucchini and kiddos heading back to school, you have to try this recipe for a healthy on-the-go breakfast. It has fruit, veggies, fiber, and even though it has no butter or oil, these muffins are moist and delicious!
- 2 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup of shredded zucchini
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 36 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Mix bananas, white sugar, zucchini, applesauce, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl.
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a sifter and sift into the banana mixture; add oats and mix until batter is just combined.
- Fill muffin cups with batter and bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool muffins completely in the tin before removing.
Makes 24 muffins, 136 calories each