Have you heard of the “Back-to-School Plague”? It’s what many parents and teachers call the sickness that millions of children get as they head back to school and are exposed to germs.
What can you do to help prevent this?
- Make sure your children get plenty of rest: school age children need at least 10 hours of sleep each night
- At least 40 minutes of active play is a great way for your child to get the exercise they need
- Eating a balanced diet and making sure to eat foods rich in vitamin C is a helpful way to ward off illnesses or shorten the length of a cold or flu
- Hand washing is the most important thing you can do to help stop the spread of germs that cause illnesses such as colds, the flu, diarrhea, or vomiting.
- Studies have shown that only 28% of children know how to properly wash their hands!
- A helpful way to make sure that your child washes their hands for at least 20-seconds is to have them sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to themselves two times.
- Washing with soap and water is a more effective way to stop the spread of germs than hand sanitizer
- Boost immune function through supplements
- A good multivitamin + probiotics + omega 3 = good regime
- We’re offering 25% off all children’s vitamins and supplements for the month of September!